WHAT IS FINANCIAL PLANNING?
Financial planning is the process of meeting your life’s goals through the proper management of your finances. Your life’s goals may include buying a home, saving for your children’s education and planning for retirement.
Generally, developing a financial plan involves:
- Assessing your personal circumstances, risk tolerance and financial needs
- Investigating and deciding on the best way to make your money work for you
- Working out what you want to achieve, how you might achieve it
- Understanding any problems you might encounter along the way
Professional financial planning advice:
- Gives direction and meaning to your financial decision
- Helps protect and build your income or investments
- Assists you to plan major changes in your personal circumstances e.g. retirement
- Allows you to see your financial decisions in the big picture
- Provides a sense of security and peace of mind that you are on track with your financial goals
OUR FINANCIAL PLANNING PROCESS
As the first important step to meeting your financial goals, we use a seven step process to assess where you are now, where you need to be in the future and how you can get there.
- Initial meeting (this is free)
- Collection of relevant financial information
- Assessing your current financial position and identifying your goals
- Assessing you investment risk tolerance level
- Preparation and presentation of a written Statement of Advice
- Implementation of that advice subject to your understanding and acceptance
- Reviewing your strategy periodically to ensure it is up to date and relevant to the economic and legislative client and your ever-changing lifestyle